F L O T S A M
8.26.2010
Traditionally the first day of school. For some reason, August 26th is the quintessential date in my mind for the first day of school, be it a Tuesday or a Thursday, in this year's case, it's a little too early for the unhurried private school start dates that leisurely begin after labor day. No, public schools have to beat the rush and get in their mandated counts of instructional hours. It reminds me of hot sticky school bus seats and stuffy classrooms and as the delightful line from a Meg Ryan movie once said, fresh bouquets of sharpened pencils. So, the inauspicious start to this blog: FLOTSAM, odds and ends or whatever floats in.
I've neer kept a blog before, although I do journal and have found that tow rules keep it successful. The rules are:
1. I have no expectations for writing regularly or deigns on particular content that I record.
2. I never go back and reread entries to avoid feeling self-concious or the pressures of being writerly.
What rules will help me keep a blog, I wonder? Rule number one applies. Rule number two will be: Minimal editing, minimal polish, re-reading ok.
As for the subject matter or intent, i hope to write about ideas and subjects that I find exciting and that you may find interesting, too.
So here goes.
i already love it!
ReplyDeleteI, too, love it. Unabashedly. Unconditionally. I hereby declare myself a loyal Flotsam follower <3
ReplyDelete